Thursday, July 3, 2008

Adjectives.

And her name in my handwriting
misspelt to make it sound misleading
for when I find rationale in calm
its hard to get past anyone at all.

And now that its been eagerly stated
coveted sheets with vague ink traces
hopelessly sublime in hourly autumn
its not the tune you've been trying to hum.

And nothing is wrong of what i know
luring me with feet that fast become cold
I tumble over to find myself alone
an annoyed vision and shadows stoned.

And now I lie pale in distress and sweat
with a memory that refuses to dim
despite amnesia thats has the best of me
vividly screaming until my knees.

And when did I say what she said I did
peculiarly absent in a tale with twists
for what was then a once in a while
is now bludgeoning me in spiral screams.

And now those words which have been said
with due diligence and dutiful caress
in sentences formed from haplessness
obscured in cumbersome ginger stress.

And again resting in near comatose
serenaded in visuals of archaic prose
comes another quote from the sack
she knows im too wasted to fight back.

And this self fulfilling prophecy declines
a ream of endless possibilities in time
because no more am I what I came to be
of dreams that languish and die with poetry...

No comments: